At Altavant, we are driven by several objectives:
To develop life-saving medicines for patients with rare respiratory diseases
- Our initial focus is developing our lead candidate, rodatristat ethyl*, to be used in combination with standard of care therapies for the treatment of patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH).
- Beyond PAH, Altavant is advancing a pipeline of drug candidates that have the potential to address the underlying cause, and not merely symptoms, of several rare respiratory diseases, including idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) and sarcoidosis.
- Respiratory diseases such as PAH, IPF and sarcoidosis are progressive and often fatal – yet most current therapies do not reverse the course of the disease or significantly extend life.
- Beyond our current indications we are looking for opportunities to expand our pipeline to address other rare respiratory diseases with high unmet medical needs.
To pursue a patient-centric, transparent development approach
- Altavant is committed to understanding the extent of the medical need and the daily challenges patients with rare respiratory diseases face. We are pursuing innovative ways to include input from patient advocacy groups and the patient community in our research and development efforts. Our clinical trials will be designed to take the needs of patients into consideration and we will be as transparent as possible within the confines of the clinical trial process.
To build a corporate culture that celebrates new ideas and persistence
- The Altavant team is passionate about building a culture that celebrates new ideas and persistence, with a deep commitment to pursuing scientific innovation and novel approaches to drug development.